The BigDSSAgro 2019 conference is the third conference in the series devoted to decision support systems in agriculture, which combine Operational Research methods and Big Data techniques to support many real-world decision-making problems in small scale farming, industrial agriculture, smart farms, agri-business supply chains, land use and environmental protection, among others. In BigDSSAgro 2019, the scope will be extended to focus on decisions, technologies and innovation for the 2030 agriculture.
Call for Papers
Special Issue on “OR and Big Data in Agriculture” in ITOR
- Víctor M. Albornoz, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile.
- Héctor Cancela, Universidad de la República, Uruguay.
- Alejandro F. Mac Cawley, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Sergio Maturana, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Andrés Weintraub, Universidad de Chile.
This special issue of the International Transactions of Operational Research (ITOR) aims at collecting contributions that define the state of the art to support decision-making problems in smart farms, agricultural supply chains, precision agriculture, forestry, aquaculture, small scale farming, land use and environmental protection using Operations Research methodologies and Big Data techniques.
The deadline for submission is December 31, 2019. Although we strongly encourage authors who present their work at the international conference BigDSSAgro 2019 to submit their manuscripts, this Call for Papers is open to the entire research community. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Sensing applications in smart farms.
- Precision agriculture based on OR and Big Data.
- Agribusiness supply chain optimization.
- Forest supply chain optimization.
- Food supply chain optimization.
- Decision support systems in Agriculture based on OR and Big Data.
- OR and Big Data for small scale farming and land use.
- OR and Big Data for policy planning in agriculture.
- OR and Big Data for sustainable development.
- Environment studies and environmental protection based on OR and Big Data.
Each paper will be peer-reviewed according to the editorial policy of the International Transactions in Operational Research (ITOR), published by the International Federation of Operational Research Societies (IFORS). Papers should be original, unpublished, and not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Contributions should be prepared according to the instructions to authors that can be found in the journal homepage. Authors should upload their contributions using the submission site, indicating in their cover letter that the paper is intended for this special issue (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/itor).
Other inquiries should be sent directly to any of the Guest Editors in charge of this issue: Víctor M. Albornoz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Héctor Cancela (email@example.com), Alejandro F. Mac Cawley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sergio Maturana (email@example.com) and Andrés Weintaub (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Extended deadline for submission: May 31, 2019
Author notification (no later than): July 15, 2019
Early bird registration: August 1, 2019
Author Registration Deadline: August 15, 2019
Conference in Valparaíso: September 25-27, 2019
Further Information available at the conference website